Easy recipe for a microwave apple snack
In college, most people might have grown accustomed to the grab and go culinary technique, where meals don’t take more than a few minutes at most. After getting used to eating light, however, going home for a weekend visit can be pretty strange. Suddenly, there’s cabinets of food to replace a sparse breakfast granola bar, and lots of time – and sugar – to kill the extra time that might have otherwise been spent in classes.
For those who are looking to satisfy a sweet tooth while still keeping healthy, I have my very own tried and true recipe for cinnamon apple slices. Not only can they be microwaved, but they are only about 100 calories a serving.
Microwave Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices:
- 2 Apples – Peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice, to prevent browning of apples when cooking
- Place apple slices in small bowl
- Sprinkle lemon juice over apple slices, making sure that every slice gets lightly coated
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon evenly over moistened apple slices
- Toss apple slices to mix
- Place apple slices evenly on microwave safe plate (it’s okay if they touch)
- Cook apples in microwave for two to three minutes
- Place cooked apples in bowl and serve